Sunday, January 30, 2011

Seminary Thought #346 - Studying and God

I spend the entire weekend studying. My demeanor was like that bed-ridden dude from an ol' Hitchcock movie (don't remember the name), but I was actually looking out the window and eventually conspiring about the world around me. That was when I knew it is time for a walk...

Studying itself actually became good time (especially towards the the end). I will miss seminary when it is done (Not now but definitely later...)

Did you know that you and I have intellectual pathways by which we know God? (Some more than others I'm sure.) To state it plainly, there are moments where we can know God by knowing about God. However, we must always be cautious. Let us never completely substitute the latter for the former. That's pharisaic... and even worse, boring.


And still, my brain is full.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Rear Window. Great movie. Also, a great reminder about why we're doing what we're doing. It's easy to substitute intellectual knowledge for a divine relationship; then, although we know more about God, we're actually further from him. Thanks for this post, Andy.