Monday, April 19, 2010

Dancing with the Parents

Dance Partners,

I have been to a good amount of weddings and yeah, I like mine the best. The one thing that stands out to me in all that I have attended is the Father/Daughter dance and the Mother/Son dance. They are such beautiful displays of the pleasure a parent takes in his or her child. Years of sacrifice that our parents have made and this is one of the most magical moments they share.

I remember dancing with my Mom. I saw the years she spent on me. It was hard at times (I'm sure), but she loved it. She loved giving up her life so that I could run around in the woods with guns made from nailed together 2X4's.

Man, I remember when I had a pretty tough accident a little under a decade ago. I was a child... all hurt up, stuck in the bed and eating blended anything.

Then there was my mom. There is nothing like being in the state of an infant yet having the mind of adult to help you recognize what a parents sacrifices so the child can flourish. It's this sacrifice that lets you know how much you are loved.

My wife Courtney sacrifices. She puts up with me and she serves her friends, our family and the church with her entire heart, time and talent. It's really sexy!!! There nothing hotter than a sweet servant's heart. Her Mom and Pop did an awesome job with this one.

What did I do to deserve sharing life with these women?!

Thank you God!

Dancing with you,

AK

No comments: