Saturday, April 19, 2008

Takin' the Stairs

Family,

It is a crisp Saturday morning.   Clouds canopy the skies and there is a nice salty breeze.  Shorts and a long sleeve T-shirt should cover it.  Loving life...

So it has been a month since my last blog.  I find in these busy times (they are always busy!!!): 
  • I do not get my workout in.   
  • I will not get into the Word/ scripture.   
  • I eat the unhealthiest fast-food ever!  
Then, these actions compound stress.  Maybe stress creates these actions.  Either way, it is a bummer.  

The other day I didn't get my run in.  So when I arrived at my office, I took the stairs.  It wasn't my 4 mile beach workout, but it was something.  Lunch also included some on-line Bible time. Rad.  And a banana substituted a bag of chips with my sandwich.  Alright!  Back on course!!!  

I am starting to realize that I can't do it all.  But in that realization, God has got it.  I have also realized that when I take time for Him, He multiplies my time.  There is a million ways to break down that last statement, but I am not going to.  I don't have the time, and I am OK with that.  HA!  

All that being said, I am striving to take the stairs when I am busy, get in at least a chapter of the Word in the morning and/ or get a peak at the ocean if I am not getting wet.  

I am going to TJ today with some great people.  So, I gotta go.  There wasn't enough time to get a surf in this morning, but I am going to leave 5 minutes early at least get a glance at God's perfect Pacific.

Oh yeah, I am supposed to write a little bit about the support raising:

SUPPORT Q/A

1.  I am raising my salary for my first year.  As of now, I am 19% there.  The responses have been a total blessing.  Thank you all again for you affirmation.  I am praying for you.

2.  I am currently attending Seminary on my own: One class per quarter.  When I start the position at Flood, I will be a full time student, and Flood will be assisting my tuition.

By the way, Bethel Seminary is a graduate level, accredited school.  I am working on my masters.  Oh yeah, I love it.  

3.  Your support checks are made out to FLOOD.  Send them to me, and I take it to their office.  It is tax-deductible.  

I will research to see if you can donate online.   Thank you again!

4.  Flood is a real church.  It legally falls under the Baptist denomination, but is in many aspects it is an open-door-church that concentrates solely on the Word (Bible).  There is about 1,500 people that consistently attend.  And there is work to do. 

Check out the website:  www.diveintoflood.com

I got to split now.  Thank you for your love.

In it together,


Andy

Psalm 42:1-2

As the heart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God.  My soul thirst for God, for the living God: when shall I come and appear before God?  
     
This is the deep calling unto deep, and the longing heart will understand it. -- Tozer

It has been an amazing, blessed month.  Check out the sweet pic at the bottom of my home town!!!

1 comment:

joshua said...

Andy my boy, my friend, my brother. I loved reading every bit of that last entry. I hope that you update it more so I can read up on your life consistently.

Its true, when we take time out for God, and put Him first, all things are given to us. Way to create margin for yourself... we can't be going going going all the time.

I hope that TJ was a blast! I miss you with all my heart.

- jc